Ultrarunner fighting Atrial Fibrilation (AF)

This blog has pretty much always been about running ultras, mostly Hardrock. It still is but now it is also about running after AFib. I was forced to miss Hardrock in 2011 due to the onset of AF but my long term goal was to get back to running milers. And hopefully help any other runners with AF who stumble upon this site. I never made it into Hardrock in 2012, or 2013, or 2014. I didn't have a qualifier for 2015. I ran Fatdog in Canada instead. That was tough. I finished my 4th Hardrock in 2016 and now I'm back to try for the magical number 5.

If you want the history of my AF the heart problems all started back on May 25 2011: http://howmanysleeps.blogspot.com/2011/05/out-of-hardrock.html

Sunday, August 06, 2006

On target for 12' and the Mellum Mothership is launched.

Had an easy 20km run today. Was a little stiff to start out after a
solid weight session last night but loosened up after an hour or so.
Stuck to trails as much as possible, crossing at the falls twice
despite the river being up. The crossing was slippery and under water
but only ankle deep and not so strong that I feared being washed over
the falls. The constant drizzle made the rocks greasy on the long
downhill back to the golf course. I figured if I didn't actually touch
the ground then I couldn't slip so tried to float across them. It
seemed to work.

I have meetings all week after work so will be pressed for time so will
probably just do a couple of sharpening sessions to freshen up for
Saturday.

The new kombi is settling in well. It's going to make a great crew
vehicle. If I was going solo to 12' I would have driven it up. The
personalised plates finish it off nicely.

2 comments:

Spud said...

Do tell about the number plates.
WS2007???

Anonymous said...

Those weight sessions are really paying off.
You have shoulders like a brown-snake.