Ultrarunner fighting Atrial Fibrilation (AF)

This blog has pretty much always been about running ultras, mostly Hardrock. It still is but now it is also about running after AFib. I was forced to miss Hardrock in 2011 due to the onset of AF but my long term goal was to get back to running milers. And hopefully help any other runners with AF who stumble upon this site. I never made it into Hardrock in 2012, or 2013, or 2014. I didn't have a qualifier for 2015. I ran Fatdog in Canada instead. That was tough. I finished my 4th Hardrock in 2016 and now I'm back to try for the magical number 5.

If you want the history of my AF the heart problems all started back on May 25 2011: http://howmanysleeps.blogspot.com/2011/05/out-of-hardrock.html

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Endurance capital of Oz?

I ran with W and T down to their dog club this morning, along the
river. Dropped them off then ran back past the start/finish of the
Barwon Banks Fun Run. There was a track meet going on at Landy field
with athletes warming up and the PA blaring out. The river was packed
with rowers. There was a rowing carnival going on. The banks were
packed with spectators, for the rowers on one side, and runners on
the other. Then a big pack of professional women bike riders flew
past on the road. They were warming up for a World Cup race around
the town. Man, athletes everywhere of all levels and ability.
Ran for over an hour before picking up W and T again and running home
back along the river. Over 30kms and over 3 3/4 hours of low
intensity easy running. Pulled up well. Will try to slot a couple of
longer runs in during the weeks ahead to build up the base. Apart
from a hit out at 6' will keep the intensity low. Really looking
forward to 6' now.

No comments: